The Weinstein Company has officially revealed the full cast for the upcoming new film from Quentin Tarantino, The Hateful Eight. After months of rumored casting the film will feature:
- Academy Award-nominee Samuel L. Jackson as Major Marquis Warren
- Golden Globe-nominee Kurt Russell as John “The Hangman” Ruth
- Golden Globe-nominee Jennifer Jason Leigh as Daisy Domergue
- Emmy-nominee Walton Goggins as Chris Mannix
- Academy Award-nominee Demian Bichir as Bob
- Academy Award-nominee Tim Roth as Oswaldo Mobray
- Michael Madsen as Joe Gage
- Academy Award-nominee Bruce Dern General Sanford Smithers
- Channing Tatum in an unknown role
The Hateful Eight is set six or eight or twelve years after the Civil War as a stagecoach hurtles through the wintry Wyoming landscape. The passengers, bounty hunter John Ruth (Russell) and his fugitive Daisy Domergue (Leigh), race towards the town of Red Rock where Ruth, known in these parts as “The Hangman,” will bring Domergue to justice. Along the road, they encounter two strangers: Major Marquis Warren (Jackson), a black former union soldier turned infamous bounty hunter, and Chris Mannix (Goggins), a southern renegade who claims to be the town’s new Sheriff. Losing their lead on the blizzard, Ruth, Domergue, Warren and Mannix seek refuge at Minnie’s Haberdashery, a stagecoach stopover on a mountain pass. When they arrive at Minnie’s, they are greeted not by the proprietor but by four unfamiliar faces. Bob (Bichir), who’s taking care of Minnie’s while she’s visiting her mother, is holed up with Oswaldo Mobray (Roth), the hangman of Red Rock, cow-puncher Joe Gage (Madsen), and Confederate General Sanford Smithers (Dern). As the storm overtakes the mountainside stopover, our eight travelers come to learn they may not make it to Red Rock after all…
The film was written and directed by Tarantino and was priced by his frequent partners Richard N. Gladstein, Stacey Sher and Shannon McIntosh. Harvey Weinstein, Bob Weinstein and G. Mac Brown are executive producers. Coco Francini and William Paul Clark are associate producers.
The Hateful Eight will release in theaters in 70mm in 2015.