After several teasers and mini trailers, we finally have a real full length trailer for the upcoming season four of “American Horror Story: Freak Show.”
Season 4 of the anthology series is set in Florida, circa 1952. It follows a travelling circus known as a “troupe of curiosities” that arrives at the same time that a dark entity emerges, threatening the lives of townsfolk and freaks alike. From the official description: “This is the story of the performers and their desperate journey of survival amid the dying world of the American carny experience.”
Season four stars:
- Jessica Lange stars as Elsa Mars, a German expatriate managing one of the last remaining freak shows in the country.
- Emma Roberts as Maggie
- Sarah Paulson as conjoined twins Bette and Dot Tattler
- Kathy Bates as the bearded lady Effil Darling
- Michael Chiklis as strong man Wendell Del Toredo
- Angela Bassett as the three-breasted Desiree Dupree
- Evan Peters as Jimmy Darling.
Frances Conroy, Gabourey Sidibe, Wes Bentley, John Carroll Lynch, Finn Wittrock as well as the world’s smallest living woman, Jyoti Amge have also signed on as cast members for season 4 while Patti LaBelle will appear in a four-episode arc and Matt Bomerset will appear in guest role.
Show creator Ryan Murphy will direct the pilot, marking the first time he’s helmed an episode since the series debut.
You can watch the new trailer below. “AHS: Freak Show” debuts Oct. 8 on FX.