While the holiday season is officially upon us, the season of giving also begins to hit full swing. If you are stumped on what to get someone this year, try a special food purchase! Helping to take out the guess work, foodspring.com has asked winners and finalists of the 2012 sofi™ Awards from the National Association for the Specialty Food Trade, Inc. (NASFT) for their most tempting holiday offerings. A sofi Award is the top honor in the $75 billion specialty food industry.
You can see their list of specialty food gifts below with ideas for every taste and every budget.
- Nueske’s Applewood Smoked Meats – Nueske’s Gourmet Bacon Assortment
- Betsy’s Cheese Straws – Classic Cheddar Cheese Straws Festive Holiday Tin
- Callie’s Charleston Biscuits – Cocktail Pecans
- Askinosie Chocolate – Peppermint Bark
- Big Picture Farm – Farmstead Goat Milk Caramels in wood box
- Lark Fine Foods – Saint Nicholas Cookies
- Ajiri Tea Company – Kenyan Black Tea
- Belloq – No. 44 Christmas Blend
- Hernán – Mexican Hot Chocolate “Tabillas”
A Touch of Luxury
- Chocolat Moderne – Champagne Chic Double Chocolate Champagne Truffles
- Lucini Italia – Gold Reserve Premium Select Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Les Trois Petit Cochons – Bloc de Foie Gras de Canard
Do It Yourself Kits
- Back to the Roots – Grow Your Own Mushroom Garden
- Arnabal International – DIY GourmetKitchens Granola Kit
- Stonewall Kitchen – Holiday 2012 Cocktail Party
The sofi Awards honor the outstanding specialty foods and beverages of the year from members of the NASFT. This year’s competition was the most competitive in its 40-year history, with 2,520 entries across 32 categories.
“This year’s award-winning companies have creative and classic options for every taste and budget. Specialty food is a wonderful gift for everyone on your list,” says NASFT President Ann Daw.