Sony officially announced at this year’s E3 press conference that “The Last of Us: Remastered” will release on PS4 on July 29.
“The Last of Us” initially launched on PlayStation 3 back in June 2013. It ended up winning IGN’s Game of the Year 2013 award. It is widely considered a masterpiece (and I completely agree.)
The game follows Joel (voiced and motion-captured by Troy Baker) escorting the young Ellie (Ashley Johnson) across a post-apocalyptic United States that has been ravaged by infection. The player uses firearms, improvised weapons and stealth techniques to defend against hostile humans and zombie-like creatures infected by a mutated strain of the Cordyceps fungus.
For players that preorder The Last of Us Remastered for PS4 from stores will receive the following extras:
- 100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
- Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign
- Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- 9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
Players that preorder on the PlayStation Store will receive three extra preorder bonuses to unlocks in Factions multiplayer that include:
- Early Access to the Brawler Survival Skill in Factions Mode
- Early Access to additional Loadout Points for use in Factions mode
- Early Access to the Jeep Cap and Surgical Mask for use in Factions mode