Truth, the largest smoking prevention campaign for youth, has announced that it will make an appearance at this years New York Comic Con. One of the most famous sic-fi, fantasy, comic book conventions in the world, NYCC is a four-day extravaganza that attracts top talent and major artists from all areas of the pop culture universe including comics, film, television, music, books and gaming.
Through an interactive installation, Truth will bring to life its new mobile title – Flavor Monsters – available on select iOS and Android devices. As part of a larger tour, Truth will visit more than 80 cities across 31 states this summer.
At New York Comic Con, visitors to the truth installation ’45 Flavors’ will be able to:
- Play the new Flavor Monsters game onsite;
- See the new Flavor Monsters collectible vinyl toys from Luke Rook of Lulubell Toys;
- Create their own Flavor Monsters toy with the MakerBot;
- Get their picture taken with a Flavor Monster;
- “Inspect” Flavor Monster body parts and sniff the scents behind them;
- Receive free truth-related gear;
- Take part in a special video virtual simulation that will give attendees the experience of being part of the actual Flavor Monsters game;
- Sign up to receive the most up-to-date information on Flavor Monsters via email, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, among other social sites;
- Enjoy a fun and engaging atmosphere, allowing truth tour riders to discuss tobacco issues with teens in a non-preachy way.
There will also be a special appearance for the NYCC attendees. They will get the opportunity to watch special effects consultant and current Syfy Face Off contestant Rod Maxwell transform truth tour rider Edwin Contreras into a Strawberry Flavor Monster at the truth booth #1820 on Saturday, October 13 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.