Original ‘Space Jam’ Director Is Already Slamming the “Doomed” Sequel

By on May 27, 2016

space-jam-michael-jordan-monstars

I like Lebron James as much as the next guy. I mean he was phenomenal in Trainwreck. But does SpaceJam need a sequel? The remake or reboot is already on shaky ground as original Space Jam director Joe Pytka is slamming the upcoming project.

The sequel to the Michael Jordan 1996 blockbuster was seemingly confirmed earlier this month with James taking the lead role. However Pytka has some very serious advice for Space Jam 2 director Justin Lin.

Don’t do it,” Pytka told the Hollywood Reporter Thursday. “It’s doomed. Michael Jordan was the biggest star on the planet. When we did Space Jam, there was a perfect storm of players and ex-players available—Larry Bird, Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing,” Pytka said. “They all had a persona that complemented the film. There are none around like that now.” Pytka also argued that LeBron has been “eclipsed” by Steph Curry, not to mention that the film won’t realistically be anywhere near completion for at least two more years.

James hasn’t officially signed on for the movie yet but a rep for J.R. Smith told TMZ that producers had already been making calls about getting everyone on board, including the real life teammates of James.

About Darth Sarah

Sarah is a journalist and an artist who lives in the city. She loves movies and television. She reads early and often. She also secretly hopes the Doctor will come and take her away, though she realizes he probably already has a dedicated companion at the moment. Sarah also helps out over at BSCkids.com, Optionated.com and our other sites!

Leave a Reply