Could Harrison Ford’s Injury Delay Star Wars Episode VII?

star-wars-episode-vii-logo-600x339

Damn you Harrison Ford and your inevitable age. Since his injury during the filming of Star Wars Episode VII earlier this month, it appears his recovery time may be a lot longer than originally expected. This means we could see a delay in filming of the highly anticipated film.

According to recent reports, Ford’s recovery could take as long as six months. Which could definitely effect the filming timetable for Star Wars Episode VII which is said to focus on Han Solo’s character. J.J Abrams and Disney have not commented yet on whether they will postpone shooting but it seems likely.

However, according to a report from Ain’t It Cool News, said that there was an emergency meeting at the studios last week regarding the film. Apparently, Disney REALLY wants to get the film out by the announced released date of December 18, 2015. But with Ford’s injury that would be nearly impossibly.

Disney and Abrams are expected to respond soon regarding Ford’s injury and the film’s plans in the near future.