If you have spent the last few years wondering what has happened to our favorite wizarding trio, Ron, Harry, and Hermione, J.K. Rowling has quenched your worries. The author has released a new short story revealing what has happened to the characters since the book’s ending.
Fans can read the story on Pottermore. The story was written in the style of fictional Daily Prophet “journalist” Rita Skeeter. You can see some highlights below.
- 34-year-old Harry is described as having “threads of silver” in his hair, as well as a new scar on his right cheekbone to match his infamous lightning bolt. While his children James and Albus are present, however, wife Ginny is not, leading Rita to speculate there could be trouble in paradise.
- Viktor Krum makes an appearance, with Harry greeting him with a hug.
- Hermione and Ron remain happily married. Ron has changed career; though initially starting out as an Auror like Harry, after two years Ron elected to leave the Ministry and instead stepped into the position of co-manager at Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes. Hermione, meanwhile, has ascended to the lofty heights of head of the Department for Magical Law Enforcement.
- Neville Longbottom remains professor of Herbology at Hogwarts, and is married to Hannah.
- Luna Lovegood is married to Newt Scamander’s grandson, Rolf, with whom she has twin boys.
- Bill Weasley remains married to Fleur, despite the inevitable difficulties of his affliction.
- Teddy Lupin, Harry’s 16-year-old godson, meanwhile, is still carrying on with their daughter Victoire.